The last day of consulting appointments for the fall is November 13th, 2023. Please note that our consulting services are in high demand and reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Please check back in the Spring 2024 semester to reserve a timeslot.
All UT Austin graduate students, faculty and staff are eligible to sign up for a free 30-minute appointment to speak with a faculty member in the Department of Statistics and Data Sciences (SDS) for a brief consultation. An additional follow-up appointment may be arranged depending on appointment availability. All appointments will take place on Zoom.
To schedule an appointment, please email email@example.com and provide the following information:
- Full Name
- Title (e.g., graduate student, faculty member)
- Department/Program Affiliation
- Email address (should be a UT email)
- 1-2 paragraph summary of the issue you hope to discuss with the consultant
- Whether you have met previously with an SDS consultant
Please be aware, there are a limited number of consulting slots available each week and they fill up quickly. Consultations are scheduled on a first come first serve basis, and we maintain a waitlist if there are no available spots currently available to be scheduled. Due to the limited number of consulting slots available, you may not be able to get an appointment immediately.
We are unable to perform any data analyses. Our consulting services are not meant to take the place of formal course-based training in statistics or collaborations with statisticians/methodologists. In addition, these appointments are not intended for assistance with coursework, homework, exams, etc. For those looking for more substantial support than what our free service can provide, we may be able to provide recommendations of individuals who can provide fee-based consulting services.
If you need to cancel an appointment, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so that others may take advantage of the unused time slot. Please provide your name and the time slot you are canceling.
Given the nature of our free consulting service, we are best able to help with the following:
- Providing recommendations on an appropriate statistical method to address a specific research question
- Reviewing interpretations of the results of statistical analyses
- Providing advice on how to address reviewer feedback on statistical issues
- Reviewing study or experimental designs
- Providing recommendations on resources for obtaining additional statistical consulting support and training