Course requirements depend on which undergraduate catalog the certificate is being pursued under. Please note the minimum grade requirements specified at the top of each document:
For course registration after Fall 2021, some course names have changed. See the changes here.
Students may keep track of current progress towards the certificate’s requirements by requesting an updated interactive degree audit. If a course that is listed on the requirements document for the student’s catalog year does not appear on the degree audit, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students must complete 18 semester hours as specified in the course requirements (see above). Minimum grade requirements are detailed under each catalog year, and no "credit by exam" or CR coursework can be used.
A student’s official UT transcript will state the completion of the Undergraduate Certificate Program in Applied Statistical Modeling. Some courses that are required by the certificate will also fulfill degree requirements established by a student's major department.
Note: All "Topics" courses must receive approval to be included in the certificate coursework. Please fill out the ASM Certificate Course Petition Form for consideration.
To petition a course that is not listed on the requirements document for a particular catalog year, fill out the following form:
The form will require a detailed syllabus of the course being petitioned and a brief explanation for why it should fulfill a specific certificate requirement. Please read the following items carefully before submitting a course petition.
- Course petitions will only be considered for students currently enrolled in the certificate program.
- Petitions are considered on an individual basis. There is no formal or informal list of previously-approved courses.
- Run an Interactive Degree Audit (IDA) prior to submitting a petition to ensure that the course isn't already being recognized (some courses approved under other catalog years might already be counting towards the certificate!).
- Our faculty committee reviews course petitions once per month, and there is a limit of one course petition per student for each review period.
- Status of the petition (approved or denied) is emailed to students after the review is complete.
For extenuating circumstances (e.g., you are graduating and would like to petition two courses at once), send an email to email@example.com, and we will consider your request.