Complete the Request for Travel Authorization (RTA) for faculty and student travel and submit any additional supporting documents required to the Statistics and Data Sciences Administrators at the widget below no later than three weeks prior to taking the trip for domestic travel and four weeks for foreign travel (additional Chair approval may be required). All RTA’s must have necessary approvals prior to the trip.
Student Travel: For students being reimbursed from departmental or faculty accounts, your supervisor or the faculty member who is funding your travel must email the following prior approval before the RTA will be processed:
“I authorize (traveler’s name) to travel to (conference name and/or description of travel) during (travel dates), using account number (xx-xxxx-xxxx).”
Other Considerations for Travel - International Travel
1) All students traveling to international locations are subject to the Student Travel Policy to International Locations. You will need to follow the steps provided here to obtain International Travel Authorization. If you do not receive this prior to travel, you can not be reimbursed for any travel expenses.
2) Travel to certain international regions is restricted due to safety risks, instability or other reasons. The list of restricted regions can be found here. In some cases the International Oversight Committee will grant an exception to this rule but all faculty, staff and students who would like to travel to a restricted region must request restricted region travel through ISSS here. If you do not receive approval prior to travel, you can not be reimbursed for any travel expenses.
3) If you are an international scholar or student, there may be additional considerations and concerns for traveling abroad. Please visit the ISSS website for more information.
Steps to Submit the Request for Travel Authorization:
- Complete the Request for Travel Authorization
- Upload any supporting documentation to the Box upload link below.